First Contact Physiotherapist
The first contact physiotherapist (FCP) service allows patients contacting their GP surgeries with musculoskeletal pain to be seen quickly by a specialist musculoskeletal physiotherapist. They will be able to quickly assess, diagnose and provide information on appropriate individualised rehabilitation and management. Benefits to patients are:
- Quick access to expert physiotherapy assessment, diagnosis, treatment and advice.
- Prevention of short-term problems becoming long-term conditions.
- Improved patient experience.
- A shorter pathway, so patients have fewer appointments to attend.
- Opportunities to gain lifestyle/physical activity advice.