We are a friendly practice located near the Norfolk Broads offering services to over 9,000 permanent residents, and the many people that come to the central Broads area during the summer months.
We are a teaching practice and offer training for registrars and medical students and are also registered to undertake research activities. We have a satellite surgery located once a week in Salhouse, so we can provide a better service to our patients.
Hoveton & Wroxham Medical Centre aims to provide high quality health care in a responsive, supportive, courteous and cost-effective manner. We will:
- Provide a service which puts patient welfare at the heart of all we do.
- Work within the framework of NHS Primary Care Services to provide professional medical, nursing and other services which meet the identified needs of patients.
- Promote best practice through utilising specialist expertise within the practice team and externally and encouraging the continuous professional development of all members of the practice team.
- Nurture a culture which is innovative, forward looking and adaptable.
- Participate in research and take into account the evidence provided by scientific and medical research in our treatment.
Caring for well being in body, mind, spirit and relationships
- Conveying compassion in word and action.
- Assessing and responding to needs.
- Providing an appropriate range of services.
- Maintaining a health promoting environment.
- Showing courtesy.
- Seeking to understand.
- Treating all fairly.
- Valuing each person as a unique individual.
- Being especially supportive to the vulnerable.
Working as a team
- Relating well within the team.
- Valuing the contribution of each team member.
- Building a mutually supportive environment.
- Co-operating with other teams.
- Encouraging responsible involvement by our patients.
- Speaking and acting truthfully.
- Being accountable for our actions.
Learning and improving
- Adapting to change.
- Building on achievements.
- Developing our services.