Patient Participation Group
The patient participation group (PPG) is made up of volunteer patients who meet with the practice staff every other month to discuss the work of the practice. The group has recently been joined by some new members from across the practice area.
The aims of the PPG are defined by its members and are as follows:
- Provide a forum for patients to provide feedback and comments about the practice to continually improve services and the patient experience.
- Providing the patient’s perspective through providing feedback on the services, plans and activities of the surgery.
- Organising health promotion events.
- Running volunteer services and support groups to meet local needs.
- Encourage patients to take responsibility for their own healthcare and that of their family.
- Provide peer support to other patients. Promote healthy lifestyle choices, self care and understanding of long term health conditions
- Support the production and review of patient facing information
- Liaise with Friends of Hoveton and Wroxham Medical Centre.
- Provide a link between the practice PPG and Area PPGs so patients can have a say about wider health services and issues.
They aim to feedback patient views to the practice and suggestions for improving, changing and developing patient services. They will also provide comment on practice and NHS proposals for service changes and development.
If you are interested in joining our group, or wish to become more involved in the PPG, you can sign up here.