Training and Research Practice
We are a teaching practice and offer training for Registrars and Medical Students and are also registered to undertake research activities.
In most cases if you are eligible to take part in a study, the practice will contact you by letter or a clinician will approach you about a study. If you do not want to take part in any research please let a member of the practice team know so that this can be marked on your medical notes.
Dr Carsten Dernedde is our GP research lead. Caroline Mansfield our Advanced Nurse Practitioner is the practice Research Nurse, although other members of the practice team are involved in research. The research Data Manager at the practice is Jordan Howard.
You can express interest in studies in this locality by registering on the UK clinical trials gateway: www.ukctg.nihr.ac.uk
Studies the practice are involved in are as follows:
- HEAT: Helicobacter eradication to prevent ulcer bleeding in aspirin users: a large simple randomised controlled trial. Helicobacter Eradication Aspirin Trial (HEAT).
- Candid: CANDID: Cancer Diagnosis Decision Rules Study www.phc.ox.ac.uk
- ALL-HEART: Allopurinol and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with ischaemic heart disease.
- IQUIT study: www.link.springer.com
- GOAL PLAN: www.uea.ac.uk
- Barack D: www.isrctn.com
- ARRISA: www.uea.ac.uk
- IACT: led from UEA
- Adult Autism Study: www.research.ncl.ac.uk
- IVR study
- BEST 3 study: www.mrc-cu.cam.ac.uk
- ARTIC: www.southampton.ac.uk
- ARCHIE: www.phctrials.ox.ac.uk
If you are interested in helping with dementia research either because you are affected by the condition or you would like to help as a healthy volunteer please visit: Join dementia research.
The video below shows the reasons why patients should Join Dementia Research.