All adults now being booked!
- We are now booking all adults at Hoveton Village Hall.
- Please note we are using a self-book system so you will recive a text on your mobile phone. It is not a scam.
- We will be providing the Pfizer vaccine.
- Useful information can be found at www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-guide-for-older-adults/covid-19-vaccination-a-guide-to-phase-2-of-the-programme
- Information for childbearing, pregnant or breastfeeding women can be found at www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-a-guide-for-women-of-childbearing-age-pregnant-planning-a-pregnancy-or-breastfeeding
Astra Zeneca Risk
The risk of blood clot side effects is extremely low so, if your first dose was AZ, you should proceed with having your second dose.
A two page leaflet can be found at https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/976880/PHE_COVID-19_AZ_vaccination_guide.pdf
- Second doses are well under way. You can now expect to have your second dose appointment at around the 8-week point after your first appointment. This you can book yourself when you receive a text on your smart phone, or the Practice will call you in good time.
- The policy is to have your second dose at the same location as your first dose, which applies to the N&N Hospital and the Mass Vaccination Centres (eg. Castle Quarter).
- Your second dose will be the same vaccine as your first dose.
- If you can no longer travel to the Vaccination Centre because you are now housebound then alternative arrangement can be made. In such cases, contact the surgery via this website explaining your situation.
Due to the storage requirements of the Pfizer vaccine, initially, we need to provide the vaccine at a central location. This location will be the Hoveton Village Hall, Stalham Road, Hoveton, NR12 8DU.
We are also administering Astra Zeneca (Oxford) vaccines from the Hall too but cannot predict which until just a few days before.
Staff from your practice will contact you to book your appointment, either by a telephone call from our medical receptionists or by a text to your mobile phone if you have one. It needs to be a ‘Smart’ mobile phone with Internet access to enable you to book your own appointment. Over fifty and not been called? then please call the Practice or ask for an appointment by email or via our website.
You must have an appointment to attend the vaccination clinic. Please do not turn up without an appointment – we will not be able to vaccinate you.
Patients and carers within the ‘North Norfolk Four Primary Care Network’ (NN4 PCN) (which are the practices at Acle, Blofield, Brundall, Ludham & Stalham Green, Hoveton & Wroxham and Staithe Stalham) we are busy delivering vaccines in line with the JCVI priority list.
Please remember that Covid has not gone away and infection rates are still very high. It’s important that we all stick to the national advice and remember hands, face, space.
Further information can be found at: